Research Assistant I/II (2 posts) in the Centre for Advancement of Chinese Language Education and Research (CACLER) within the Faculty of Education (Ref: 201801048) (to commence as soon as possible until July 31, 2021, on a fixed-term basis with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of basic salary, with the possibility of renewal)
Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Language, Psychology, Education, or other relevant fields; at least 1 year’s relevant post-qualification experience in research, teaching or curriculum and learning design. They should also have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; be familiar with statistical analysis and MS Office application (including Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.); and have good interpersonal and organizational skills. They should also be self-motivated, have a strong sense of responsibility, and be able to work independently and in a team.
The appointees will work for a project providing support for non-Chinese speaking kindergarten children to learn Chinese. They will:
- work collaboratively with project team members to develop learning and teaching materials;
- support project team members in the implementation and evaluation of the effectiveness of the materials developed and classroom instruction;
- conduct literature review, research design, data collection, data analysis and report writing;
- coordinate, plan, develop and organize dissemination materials and events for schools and teachers; and
- perform various administrative and related duties, and organize other activities as appropriate to achieve the objectives of the project.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
Applicants should send a completed application form together with an up-to-date C.V. to Dr. J.W.I. Lam at email@example.com. Application forms (345/1111) can be downloaded at http://www.hr.hku.hk/apptunit/jr-form.doc. Further particulars can be obtained at http://jobs.hku.hk/. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until August 6, 2018.
The University places great emphasis on developing staff potential, and has in place a variety of development opportunities and assistance for staff at different stages of their career.
The University thanks applicants for their interest, but advises that only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be notified of the application result.
The University is an equal opportunities employer